Insurance / Managed Care
The insurance and the health care system has become very confusing!
You need to verify the specifics of your plan before you see me so you know what your out-of-pocket costs will be.
Look on the back of your insurance card and call the member number
for Mental Health or Behavioral Health services to verify details.
Check to see if I am an approved provider on your mental health plan.
I am on the following insurance companies provider lists (in general) but please double-check in case your specific plan is different:
Aetna (EAP and Mental Health)
Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options)
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield (all Blue Cross plans, except UofU)
EMI (Educator's Mutual Insurance)
PEHP (Public Employees Health Plan)
United Behavioral Health
Other good information to know about insurance and counseling:
* What types of issues are covered? Most require a diagnosis of a
current emotional disorder, such as depression, anxiety, etc.
* What is not covered? They may not cover couples counseling,
career counseling, or other life problems unless there is also a
primary emotional diagnosis that is covered. EAP plans will cover
any life problems for a limited number of sessions, at no cost to
* How many sessions are allowed during the plan year?
* Do they need to authorize the services ahead of time?
* Is there a deductible? How much has been met, and when does it
start over? (You pay the full contracted amount your plan specifies
until the deductible is met, then you pay the co-payment amount.)
* What is your co-payment amount to the provider? (if deductible
has been met for the year).
* If I'm not on your plan, will they reimburse an "out-of-network"