Payment options

 Self-pay:  You pay the fee at the time of service, and there
 is no 3rd party insurance billing required. 
 Fees:          $ 80, for 45-50 minutes 
                      $ 65, if financial need (uninsured, etc.)
                      $ 90, for 60 - 65 minutes
                      $110, for diagnostic assessment, if needed or
                                   required, 90 minutes.

 If you have an FSA or HSA plan (flexible or health savings
 account), you can use that.  Many now have debit cards.
 Some employers have EAP (Employee Assistance Plans),
   see more below.

 Insurance or managed care plan:  
 If  I'm on your insurance provider list, I bill them directly. 
 Your fee portion is determined by your insurance plan. 
 You pay your co-payment amount, or the full session fee if
 you have a deductible.  Check with your insurance company  for the details of your coverage. (more managed care
 information in column to the right).

 EAP (Employee Assistance Plan):
 You may have an EAP plan through your employer, which
 may be a separate benefit from your medical insurance.
 They usually cover a limited number of sessions at no cost to
 you, and can be used for any stressful life issue.  If I'm on    your  employer's EAP you can call them to get an  authorization.

 If you want to talk about your situation, give me a call at 
 801-259-7311 or send an email to:

**Note: text and email are not secure forms of communication,
  so share personal information accordingly.


About Me
Find Me

 Insurance / Managed Care

The insurance and the health care system has become very confusing!
You need to verify the specifics of your plan before you see me so you know what  your out-of-pocket costs will be. 
 Look on the back of your insurance card and call the member number
 for Mental Health or Behavioral Health services to verify details.

Check to see if I am an approved provider on your mental health plan.

I am on the following insurance companies provider lists (in general),
but please double-check in case your plan is different:​
 Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options)
 Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield (all Blue Cross plans, except UofU)
 EMI (Educator's Mutual Insurance
 PEHP (Public Employees Health Plan)
 United Behavioral Health
 Other good information to know about insurance and counseling:
     * What types of issues are covered?  Most require a diagnosis of a
        current emotional disorder, such as depression, anxiety, etc.
     * What is not covered? They may not cover couples counseling, 
        career counseling, or other life problems unless there is also a
        primary emotional diagnosis that is covered.  EAP plans will cover
        any life problems for a limited number of sessions, at no cost to
      * How many sessions are allowed during the plan year?
      * Do they need to authorize the services ahead of time? 
      * Is there a deductible?  How much has been met, and when does it 
        start over?  (You pay the full contracted amount your plan specifies
        until the deductible is met, then you pay the co-payment amount.)
      * What is your co-payment amount to the provider? (if deductible
         has been met for the year).
      * If I'm not on your plan, will they reimburse an "out-of-network"

 Some companies provide EAP (employee assistance plans) that offer a
 certain number of sessions at no cost to their employees.  This may be
 separate from your medical insurance benefit.  It usually needs to be
 pre-authorized, so you need to call them before we can meet.  If you  want more  sessions after their limit, you could self-pay, use your  medical benefits, or use you HSA (health savings account) if you have  one.